JOIN ALCOTT PTSA
FACT: Kids do better when families are engaged in their learning.
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!
WSPTA Awards of Excellence
Advocacy is defined as the act or process of supporting a cause or proposal.
Alcott PTSA Director for Advocacy - represents Alcott at various legislative events throughout the year. These events include Legislative Assembly and Focus Day in which Washington State PTA representatives meet and advocates for policies that improve the education and well-being of kids. For questions about what we do and how to get involved, please contact email@example.com.
Washington State PTA
This is a year like no other, and that holds true for reimagining how best to adapt and apply PTA flexibility to new ways of advocating to help every child reach their potential. The campus in Olympia is closed to the public for the 2021 legislative session, which means that we will not be able to host our annual Focus Day on the Capitol steps. However, advocacy is not a one-day event; it is an everyday action. And so, we are moving to an ongoing “Focus on Advocacy” program to keep members informed and engaged throughout the session, keeping our efforts focused on the mission.
Your Voice, Your Action
- Join the WSPTA Action Network Group – Sign up to receive timely information and action alerts during the Washington State Legislative sessions.
- WSPTA Legislative Assembly – Attend this annual fall event to learn about the issues, how you can take action and network with other PTA leaders.
- WSPTA Focus Day – During each year’s legislative session, Washington State PTA holds an annual Focus Day to bring members together at the state capitol to advocate for the association’s legislative platform.
- Find State Legislators – Look up your Washington State Legislators and share what is important to you.
To learn more about the WSPTA legislative priorities:
- Top five and also supported legislative issues
- WSPTA complement of resolutions
- WSPTA legislative principles
- Subscribe to WSPTA Action Network
Source: Advocacy | National PTA
The National PTA is advocating at the federal level to improve the lives of children and families. Visit any of the links below to learn more and get involved.
PTA Advocacy Contacts
Lake Washington PTSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington State PTA: email@example.com
National PTA: firstname.lastname@example.org