JOIN ALCOTT PTSA
FACT: Kids do better when families are engaged in their learning.
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!
WSPTA Awards of Excellence
Thank you for your interest in being a room parent! Please communicate with your classroom teacher to find ways to help. PTSA board members (some of us are also room parents or have been it before) are here to help as well.
Are you a room parent? We created a page that all room parents can access to help each other. Click here to access.
If you get an error message, it means that you are not listed as a room parent in our system. Just send an email to email@example.com and let us know. We will add you to the group.
- Collect money from parent for your classroom fund.
- Plan three classroom parties (Harvest, Friendship/Valentine, End of Year)
- Host/organize your grade level’s luncheon for Alcott staff
- Assist PTSA with Staff Appreciation Week for your teacher
- Purchase class teacher gifts
This money is used for class parties and teacher gifts.
Class parties include: Harvest Party, Friendship Party, and End of Year Party. Please check in with teacher regarding these parties. Often the teacher has requests, ideas, or traditions that they do every year. They also may have some supplies!
Teacher gifts are often given for birthdays, holidays, teacher appreciation and/or end of year. Use the Teacher Favorites List for help and share with families.
Amounts for Classroom Funds vary anywhere from $15- $30 depending on the number of kids and planned activities. Work with your grade level room parents to set up your fund amount. Remember that not all families may be able to donate to the classroom fund.
Plan for about $75-$50 for each party and then some for gifts (birthday, teacher appreciation). Any extra classroom funds can be given to the teacher in the form of a gift card at the end of the year.
In the past the classroom funds collected in the fall have not been used for hosting the staff lunch. So, you will need ask for money or food from families for this event later in the year - unless your grade chooses to include this cost in money collected at the beginning of the year. If you are getting lunch catered, plan for lunch to cost a minimum of $10 per staff member.
Grade Level Hosted Luncheons for Staff
For questions regarding grade level luncheon contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
- Luncheon dates below
- Food needs to be ready by 11 am.
- Staff eats between 11am – 2pm.
- Remember to provide food and drinks. Dessert is also very much appreciated.
- If doing a food truck, please check with the school. It is recommended to take orders from staff in advance, so food is ready for teachers. Contact Carolina Borrego firstname.lastname@example.org for food truck set up.
LUNCHEON DATES 2022-2023
(dates updated soon)
September - PTSA
October - TBD
November - TBD
December - TBD
January - TBD
February - TBD
March - TBD
April - TBD
May - TBD
June - TBD